Get Your Inbound Marketing 'Ducks in a Row'
Let's face it... If you're sitting around your place of business staring at the phone or checking your front door every 5 minutes for any signs of a customer, chances are you need to seriously consider an overhaul of your current marketing tactics. Jumping up as soon as a shadow appears near the front door, only to find that it's just the mailman, is doing nothing for your bottom line...although the mailman is probably happy about all the attention. All kidding aside, there is plenty you can do to take your business to the next level. Not sure how to do it? The answer is inbound marketing.
Just the Facts
If you're not yet familiar with that term, then it's time you find out what it is and what it can do for your business. So put on your thinking cap, school is now in session! Inbound marketing is a concept by which you make yourself and your business products and services valuable to potential customers and clients. How do you go about doing this? You accomplish this by drawing the customer in with valuable information that appeals to them, but also gives them something of value, something they aren't getting from your competitor. The connection is that these customers see you as a valuable resource and one they can turn to for answers. Essentially, this drives them to purchase your products or services. Make sense?
Inbound Marketing Methods
Now that you know what it is and how it can potentially grow your business, you need to learn the methods you can utilize to do it. There are several, and it's necessary to do them all if you want to see tangible resutls. Like a puzzle, the individual pieces don't make a lot of sense. But together they create a solution.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Social Media Marketing
- Video or Podcasts
- eNewsletters (Email Marketing)
- White Papers
- Offer Landing Pages
- Mobile apps
The beauty of inbound marketing
is that the more creative you get, the more opportunity to draw in new customers. This type of marketing method is decidedly more effective than using print ads, mailers or radio commercials. That type of marketing is not only outdated, it has a very low rate of return on your investment of time and money. The times are changing, so if you want your business to not only survive, but thrive, you need to place yourself in line with technology and increase your visibility.Getting Started
Keep yourself in front of the customer by implementing the following tips:
- Get a website- current and potential customers need to be able to see what you have to offer.
- Make your site mobile- take advantage of the fact that more and more people are relying on mobile devices to stay connected; if they can't access your site on a mobile device, you are missing out on business.
- Get in the social media market- Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn can help grow your business exponentially.
- Put together an email list- Utilize past customers by asking to add them to your weekly email list. Each week send them something of value, it can be information or a coupon. This keeps you in their mind and again let's them know you can be counted on as an important resource.
- Brag about your accomplishments in a blog- If you just completed a notable task for another client, let everyone know. Maybe they need something similar and didn't know you could get it done for them.
The business is out there. So get your ducks in a row and go get it!
Next Steps: To learn more about inbound marketing, contact Tempo Creative.
Download our free ebook to learn more about inbound marketing.
By: Charmon Stiles, Tempo Creative